Looking for amazing gift ideas for wine lovers?
With Christmas around the corner, this is your perfect chance to make a loved one feel extra special with a thoughtful gift or two!
How about a fine wine bottle and other brilliant gifts that could enhance their drinking experience?
Here’s your guide to the best gifts for wine lovers - from accessories to the finest of wines! Also, find out the easiest way to buy that fine bottle of wine.
This Article Contains
The Best Gift Ideas for Wine Lovers
Choosing the right wine gift for an oenophile or a wine lover is not easy, especially when you have a whole world of wines to choose from - from a rich Merlot to an exquisite Stags' Leap wine.
Apart from bottles of wine, there’s a whole range of wine goodies to pick from - corkscrews, wine bottle stoppers, wine openers, wine chiller, and wine tools!
Continue reading below for the complete gift guide!
Best Wines to Gift Wine Lovers in 2020 (Including Taste, Prices)
When it comes to wine gifts, a bottle of red or a zesty white wine seems like a perfect gift. But, just any vino from Amazon just won’t do!
Here’s a handpicked list of wines loved by master wine educators, sommelier or wine experts, and regular wine drinkers alike
If you want to leave an impression, then a bold and elegant red is what you are looking for. Some of our favorite wines are:
1. 2017 Screaming Eagle Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, USA
This deep and intense Cabernet Sauvignon is a limited edition wine by the prestigious Screaming Eagle winery. This bottle of wine is full of complex flavors of berries, herbs, and blackcurrant with silky tannins.
(Beware of counterfeit Screaming Eagle vino bottles, which are pretty common!)
Price of 2017 Screaming Eagle Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, USA: $4,198
2. 2018 Petrus, Pomerol, France
A classic Merlot wine from a prestigious Bordeaux winemaker, the 2018 Petrus is a perfect gift for a wine lover. A quick flick of the bottle opener reveals an intense bouquet of violets, red roses, lavender, and cinnamon.
Price of 2018 Petrus, Pomerol, France: $4,539
3. 2015 Domaine Leroy Musigny Grand Cru, Cote de Nuits, France
An exotic Burgundy Pinot Noir by Domaine Leroy, this red wine is a valuable addition to every wine collector’s shelf. A wine tasting of this coveted drink reveals an extraordinary flavor profile with deep notes of black raspberry, spices, and cherry.
Price of 2015 Domaine Leroy Musigny Grand Cru, Cote de Nuits, France: $70,637
If you are looking for white wine, here are some bottles to go for.
4. 2014 Screaming Eagle Sauvignon Blanc, Oakville, USA
A very vibrant and juicy wine, this Sauvignon Blanc is perfect for wine lovers who enjoy refreshing citrus notes. A wine tasting reveals dominant flavors of white peach, lemon, and pomelo.
Price of 2014 Screaming Eagle Sauvignon Blanc, Oakville, USA: $6,638
5. 2010 Domaine Leflaive Montrachet Grand Cru, Cote de Beaune, France
A brilliant Chardonnay by Domaine Leflaive, this wine showcases a range of flavors, including white peach, pineapple, curry powder, and herbs.
Price of 2010 Domaine Leflaive Montrachet Grand Cru, Cote de Beaune, France: $16,508
6. 1983 Domaine Weinbach Pinot Gris Altenbourg Quintessence de Grains Nobles, Alsace, France
A sweet white wine, this 1983 vintage by Domaine Weinbach is a rare beauty that any white wine enthusiast would treasure! This bottle of wine showcases dominant Pinot Gris flavors of ripe tropical fruits and sweet spices.
Price of 1983 Domaine Weinbach Pinot Gris Altenbourg Quintessence de Grains Nobles, Alsace, France: $16,508
Also read: Explore the world of delicious sweet Moscato wine.
Here are some brilliant Rose wines to try out.
7. 2017 Domaine Prieuré Roch Bourgogne 'Roses' Rose, Burgundy, France
A Pinot Noir rose by Domaine Prieure Roch, this vintage wine is full of vibrant and juicy red fruit flavors of raspberry and redcurrants - a perfect holiday gift for a sommelier or wine enthusiast!
Price of 2017 Domaine Prieuré Roch Bourgogne 'Roses' Rose, Burgundy, France: $168
8. 2013 Sine Qua Non 'And An Eight Track' Rose, Ventura County, USA
A light rose wine, this 2013 vintage is made from a blend of Grenache, Mourvedre, and Syrah grapes. Strawberries, menthol, and herb flavors flow through the palate and leave a slight cherry aftertaste.
Price of 2013 Sine Qua Non 'And An Eight Track' Rose, Ventura County, USA: $297
9. 2019 Gérard Bertrand Languedoc Cabrières 'Clos du Temple' Rose, France
A pale bubbly rose, a glass of the 2019 Gérard Bertrand Languedoc Cabrières 'Clos du Temple' reveals apricot, white peach, pink and green pepper notes.
Price of 2019 Gérard Bertrand Languedoc Cabrières 'Clos du Temple' Rose, France: $193
Read more: Counting calories? Here’s how to estimate calories in your glass of favorite red wine.
You cannot go wrong with elegant sparkling wine!
10. Moët & Chandon Esprit du Siècle Brut, Champagne, France
This Brut Champagne by Moet and Chandon is a truly exquisite bottle of wine! Full of complex flavors, this Champagne has a lasting flavor of walnut, honey, and tropical fruits.
Price of Moët & Chandon Esprit du Siècle Brut, Champagne, France: $6,779
11. 2002 Louis Roederer Cristal 'Gold Medalion' Orfevres Limited Edition Brut Millesime, Champagne, France
This limited edition creation is a refined and powerful sparkling wine. With pure and balanced notes of sweet flower, cocoa, finely toasted hazelnuts, and candied citrus fruit, this wine is a true enigma!
Price of 2002 Louis Roederer Cristal 'Gold Medalion' Orfevres Limited Edition Brut Millesime, Champagne, France: $4,047
12. 2011 Dom Perignon Brut, Champagne, France
Another great wine from France, the 2011 Dom Perignon is a perfect blend of bold, acidic, and fizzy. The gift recipient is sure to enjoy its ripe lemon and stone fruit flavors and nutty sidenotes.
Price of 2011 Dom Perignon Brut, Champagne, France: $266
Want more? Check out this super-informative guide to the best bubbly wines in the world!
Want a sweet wine to gift your pal? These are the ones to go for.
13. W & J Graham's 'Ne Oublie' Tawny Port, Portugal
With only 656 bottles produced, W & J Graham's 'Ne Oublie' Tawny Port is a rare and exotic sweet wine. Powerful on the palate, the wine gives off dominant notes of nuts, dried apricots, and honey.
Price of W & J Graham's 'Ne Oublie' Tawny Port, Portugal: $9,132
14. 2002 Inniskillin Cabernet Franc Icewine, Niagara Peninsula, Canada
Our favorite bottle, the 2002 Cabernet Franc ice wine by Inniskillin is fresh and lively with balanced acidity and intense flavors of red berries and plums.
Price of 2002 Inniskillin Cabernet Franc Icewine, Niagara Peninsula, Canada: $299
15. 1875 D'Oliveiras Moscatel Reserva Vintage, Madeira, Portugal
A comforting Moscato wine, this 1875 vintage is sure to win the heart of a wine connoisseur! One of our favorite wines, a wine tasting will reveal aging notes with intense aromas of walnut, coffee, toffee, old leather, and beeswax.
Price of 1875 D'Oliveiras Moscatel Reserva Vintage, Madeira, Portugal: $1,539
Now, there are many other unique wine gifts you could delight your wine drinker friends with - apart from their favorite wine!
Other Creative Gifts for Wine Lovers
You have a diverse range of options - from a bottle opener to a cool wine tote bag to carry their favorite wine!
Click on the links below to jump to any section.
- Wine Gift Baskets
- Wine Glasses
- Wine Decanter
- Wine Carafe
- Wine Gadgets
- Wine Furniture
- Wine Cooler
- Wine Subscription
- Wine Accessories
- Other Wine Gifts
16. Wine Gift Baskets
A wine gift basket with fine wines, savory chocolates, and rich cheeses is the best gift you can put together for wine connoisseurs.
A. Wine and Chocolate Gift Basket
You could create elegant wine gift baskets with chocolate and wine pairings.
- Gift a late-harvest Riesling with white chocolate.
- Make a gift set of dry reds like Merlot with savory milk chocolates.
B. Wine and Cheese Gift Basket
Try these delicious wine and cheese pairs for a perfect wine gift basket!
- A Pinot Noir or Beaujolais Nouveau with a classic yellow Swiss cheese
- Sparkling Champagne and fruity Chardonnay wine with soft cow-milk cheese
Also, add an elegant cheese board to complete your wine basket Christmas gift!
How about glassware as gifts?
17. Wine Glasses
You can also give a gift set of beautiful wine glasses (Crystal by Sonoma or Riedel) to a wine drinker.
Types of Wine Glasses
- Gift a white wine lover small bowled glasses that preserve the aromas of the wine.
- For a red wine lover, go for either an elegant Bordeaux glass or an aroma collector Bourgogne glass.
- For Champagne and fortified Port wines, choose a Champagne flute or a Port glass.
- For an enthusiast with a diverse taste, get a universal wine glass.
Read more: Here’s a comprehensive guide to help you pick the right wine glass for different wines.
Portable Wine Glass
Portable wine glasses are vacuum insulated stemless stainless steel tumblers (like Corkcicle) that you can pack in your bag or wine carrier wherever you go.
18. Wine Decanter
Another beautiful glassware gift could be an elegant decanter (like the one from Williams Sonoma) for softening the tannins and opening the fruit and floral aromas of the wine.
Here’s a quick guide to choose the right decanter.
- A small-sized decanter for white, rose, and light-bodied red wines like Pinot Noir and Beaujolais
- A medium-sized decanter for medium-bodied red wines like Merlot and Sangiovese
- A large decanter for full-bodied red wines like Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah
19. Wine Carafe
Gift your wine lover friends a beautiful carafe as a perfect vessel to showcase their much-loved beverage. Unlike decanters, a carafe isn’t an aerator - it's more of a fancy vessel with a lid to hold the wine.
20. Wine Gadgets
A wine gadget is another cool wine gift idea for a wine connoisseur.
- A wine preserving device (like a Coravin Model Six or a Vacu Vin wine saver) is the perfect gift for an oenophile. These devices pierce the wine cork and cut off the oxygen in the bottle by replacing it with Argon or creating a vacuum to preserve the wine.
- An electric single-bottle wine chiller for cooling the wine quickly (this chiller cools the wine much faster than a wine fridge or cooler)
- An electric wine opener to help them open their wine bottle easily
21. Wine Furniture
Here are some unique suggestions.
- A wine refrigerator will make the perfect gift for a wine connoisseur to keep their fine wine bottles at an ideal temperature for extended storage.
- Another unique wine gift would be a sleek wine cellar to showcase an impressive wine collection!
- Gifting a simple wine rack for displaying a favorite bottle or two is also a great gift idea for a wine lover.
- Online stores (like Amazon and Etsy) have a range of wine cradles (an elegant basket to showcase and serve wine) that you can gift a wine enthusiast.
- You can also go for a wine glass holder gift to mount on a kitchen cabinet to show off a wine glass collection.
- Pick a simple suction wine glass holder that can be secured on the bath wall so your friend can enjoy a delicious glass of sparkling wine during a relaxing bath!
Read more: Find out how to design a perfect wine cellar for your collection.
22. Wine Cooler (non-electric)
Temperature is key when it comes to serving wine. And that’s why wine coolers make a perfect gift for wine lovers.
- Pick a marble wine chiller that keeps the wine cool even when it's out of the fridge.
- Or, gift your oenophile a double-walled wine cooling cup. The stemless wine glass with cooling gel keeps the wine cool for up to two hours after the pour.
23. Wine Subscription
What could be better than tasting new wines every month?
A subscription to a wine club like Winc would be an unexpected gift for a wine enthusiast! They would deliver a carefully curated set of bottles every month to their doorstep!
24. Wine Accessories
Pack a meaningful gift box for a wine aficionado, including handy wine accessories like a corkscrew, wine opener, wine foil cutter, wine carrier, bottle stopper, and a wine aerator.
Hold on; there’s more!
25. Other Wine Gifts
Try these cool wine gift ideas as well:
- Choose uncommon goods and home decor products online (on websites like Etsy.com or Piano.io) - it could be a wine cork collector, marble coaster or a decorated recycled wine bottle.
- Pack a self-care kit with wine-infused products for your wine lover - for example, a crushed Syrah soap bar or a Merlot oil lip tint!
- Professional wine concierges will help your friend discover their unique palate, build a wine collection, and discover wine investment opportunities.
- A wine tasting kit from their favorite winery is another perfect gift idea for wine lovers. Add a wine stain remover or a corkscrew to make it a.
- Create a personalized gift box with a wine book and a simple wine accessory like a wine stopper or corkscrew and a wine tote.
- Prepare a personalized gift set with a t-shirt with a monogram, a simple wine accessory (bottle opener), and a stemless wine glass.
Now, buying wine accessories like a stainless-steel tumbler, wine opener, or a wine gadget will be quite easy if you hunt on Amazon or any neighborhood store.
But, it may not be as easy to buy fine wine bottles!
How do you buy wine without running into the challenges of comparing prices, shipping them, and storing them? You’ll also come across bad quality vino sold at a discount.
Your best bet would be to trust a wine investment company like Vinovest that buys, stores, and even delivers your wines!
Buy Fine Wines through Vinovest
Vinovest is a wine investment company that helps you buy, store, and sell delicious Lambrusco and other fine wines from across the globe.
How Does It Work?
Investing with Vinovest is super easy, with four quick steps.
- Sign up on the Vinovest website.
- Share your risk appetite and investment preferences with their master sommeliers.
- Fund your account with a minimum of $1000.
- Build your online wine portfolio!
Here are a few reasons why you should invest with Vinovest.
1. AI-driven Buying and Selling
2. Best Prices
Vinovest buys your wine directly from wineries, global wine exchanges, and wine auctions, so you get your wine bottle at wholesale prices!
3. Hassle-Free Delivery
4. Insurance and Security
Every wine bottle you buy through Vinovest comes with a comprehensive insurance policy that covers breakage and loss. In addition to this, your wines are kept under 24/7 surveillance with additional power back facilities in case of a power cut.
5. Authenticity and Provenance
Vinovest’s Master Sommeliers ensure the provenance of every wine bottle you buy. So you don’t have to worry about a counterfeit bottle ever again!
6. Optimal Storage
Your wine bottle is stored in temperature-controlled warehouses with the right light, humidity, and vibration.
7. Low Overall Price
Vinovest charges a minimal fee of 2.5% in addition to funding your account (2.85% for a portfolio of $50,000).
This fee includes buying, selling, storage, authentication, full-coverage insurance, and portfolio management. Also, Vinovest stores your wine in bonded warehouses that do not charge VAT or excise duty, so you get tax benefits.
You have complete ownership of the precious bottles you buy through this online platform!
Time to Curate a Unique Wine Gift!
Pack an elegant cheese board, a cool wine gadget, a gift bag, and a bottle stopper with the finest of wine bottles - and there you have one of the best wine gift ideas for a wine lover or even that discerning friend who some might even call a wine snob!
If you want to buy the finest, rarest wine bottles, Vinovest’s wine experts will help you curate a stellar wine portfolio easily!
Sign up on the website and start building your own wine collection now.